Sunday, June 9, 2013

Yo puedo a servir a Dios AHORA! - Day 1 in Bolivia

HOLAAAAA DE BOLIVIA!!!! Can you believe it? I'm really here, right now! I can hardly believe it either. I am going to do my best to update you every night :)! Sadly, there will not be any pictures until I return because I do not have my chord to connect & upload. However, as soon as I get back I will make a massive slide show for everyone to see! This is the fourth mission trip I have been on, but I would like to think of it as my first. I describe it this way because this is the first time that I have been on a mission trip since I began my RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. The other mission trips I have been on before were definitely AMAZING, and it changed me. However, the change did not last because I was void of relationship with Jesus. I believe that is why this trip is so much more emotional for me because I know Jesus as MY personal Lord & Savior now. 

It's only day one, and I feel like I've been here for about 3 already. Haha. It's been a crazy busy day, but absolutely wonderful. I would not trade it for the entire world. I am going to journal as much as I can throughout each day, and whatever I write is what I will share with you on here. I want it to be raw & vulnerable so you get the fullest experience living vicariously through my words. 

First, to my partners (donators and prayer warriors): I love you guys so much. I honestly could not be here right now without each and every one of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Know that you are so much a part of EVERYTHING we are doing here this week. 

Journal entry (day 1): 

"Today has been EMOTIONAL! It totally touched my heart to walk into an Every Nation church here in BOLIVIA! It is amazing to see how God connects us thousands and thousands of miles apart. It was such a blessing to walk in knowing that our church is a part of this church. The presence of God was so thick in the room that it instantly brought tears to my eyes. It was beautiful to hear and see worship in spanish. No matter the language His presence still ravishes! It is so mind boggling to me that I am even here! The struggle in my mind is very real right now. The devil is trying so hard to talk me into "my shell," attack me with fear and my past, and even irritate me with headaches. BUT he will NOT win. This is confirmation that God is going to do a HUGE work this week. I will not leave Bolivia the same as I have entered it. I will be FREE of the things that chained me at home (cyclical living, my past, etc). This will NOT be a temporary change. He is transforming for LIFE this week! I am believing for holiness, the revelation of the ever-flowing power of the Holy spirit within me, and that God is going to use me where I am right here and right now. 

I shared my "2-minute testimony" at our evening service at church today. It was ROUGH. I was terrified, lol. The devil came at me again telling me that I don't have a testimony, and whatever I had to say would not be strong enough to help anyone. It rattled me quite a bit, but I struggled through regardless. Although, this share was such a stumble to get through I am choosing to believe that God will use it anyway to bless someone through the power of his Holy Spirit. I'll be sharing it repeatedly ALL week so I know it will get better (and prayerfully, easier!). Tomorrow we start our medical outreach. I have already mentally prepared myself for tears! The children are going to pierce straight to my heart! One of our team members encouraged us today with a word that our presence is a ministry and a blessing in itself. It reminded us all to be content in our role while we are here because each part is so necessary. Each part is such a blessing! We are here on purpose for purpose! I am believing God for a REVIVAL that starts in my own heart, and over flows to every single life I encounter. 

Dear Lord, I so know You are going to do big, life-changing, and lasting transformation this week. Help me when I doubt You, and grace me when I am being attacked. I have victory in You, and You alone. I ask for unity and transparency among our team. I pray for a revival in our hearts and the city of Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I pray for humility, flexibility, boldness, and courage for our whole team. Make us aware of the POWER we have through grace and the Holy Spirit. Prepare the hearts we will speak to to receive the Gospel. Empower them to choose eternal life. Please provide for us ALL the medication this city needs. Allow us to serve with joyful hearts. Remind us always this is solely for YOUR GLORY! Empty us of ourselves and fill us with You. I pray that we would desire You ALONE. Thank You, thank You, thank You!! Keep us, guide us, and use us! In Jesus name, Amen!


Fun Bolivian Fact: School days are only 4-5 hours because they utilize the same building for different groups of student in the morning and afternoon (i.e.: 7:30 - 12:30 && 2-6). Also, some H.S. students have to go to school on Saturday mornings. Yuck! 


 "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you." Romans 8:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment