Monday, June 3, 2013

5 more dayys!!!

Ladies & Gentleman... I AM GOING TO BOLIVIA THIS SATURDAY!!!!!! I can hardly even believe this is real. It feels like yesterday I began my contemplation on whether or not I would even attempt to go, and now here I am packing! Crazy huh? God's so faithful. 

This process has not been easy. Not necessarily surrounding around the mission trip itself, but my life as a whole. I have been distracted, tempted, and tested throughout this whole process. The devil has seriously fought hard for my attention, but the Lord has RELENTLESSLY pursued me with His love. I have failed, I have succeeded, and I have just been moving through motions. Thankfully, however, the Lord has been so unbelievably faithful even in the midst of my wavering. He has stretched and grown me in these last few months. I am believing He is going to do so many amazing and unimaginable things (Ephesians 3:20) while I am in Bolivia not only in the lives of the people we will reach, but also our team's lives as well. 

Anyway...while I am in Bolivia I will have internet. Thank the Lord!! Haha. So for those of you that have partnered with me through prayers and encouragement can live vicariously through my words :). I am not sure of our definitive schedule yet, but I know that we will be involved in medical missions, campus ministry, and possibly construction. We have a church planted there that we are also believing to encourage and grow while there. Please just pray for our hearts to be filled with an unquenchable love that can be poured out into everyone we encounter. Please pray for boldness as we share the Gospel and our own personal stories. Please pray for victory over the fear that may try to silence us. Lastly, pray that every heart we encounter will be receptive to the Gospel. I want a REVIVAL to happen in the streets of Bolivia. A revival that will continue long after our team has left. 

I will do my best to give daily updates, even if they are short. I want you to feel like you are there with me :). I also want to share specific prayer requests with you. Thank you so much for reading, praying, caring, and being all-around awesome!!! 


Lastly (completely unrelated)... I was watching NCIS today as I was working out. Ducky made a statement about a narcissistic killer they were after. "Ever narcissist wants to be the hero of their own story, and every hero needs a villain." It made me think of how our society has been deemed as a society full of narcissists. So many of us are so desperate to be known that we create our own villains in our homes, at our jobs, on the street... All of this to say we have to be so mindful of this narcissistic mentality that is running rampant through our society. Next time you are arguing with someone pause to think if you are trying to be the hero of your story. Remember, only Jesus saves

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come." Matthew 24:14 

No comments:

Post a Comment