Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lets take the mask off

       We live in a world that is hypersensitive to the outward image. Everything is about portraying a certain image and being socially accepted. Weakness is highly frowned upon, and most have traded emotions for numbness. But look at this verse... 

 "Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

       Paul was so desperate for God to take away some ailment He was suffering with, but God kept saying "no." Why? Because it is in our weakness that God truly shows His glory. It is on our brokenness that He can show His power. To deny our weaknesses is like denying the Lord the opportunity to be glorified through us. It is also saying to God "the way you made me is wrong!" The word says that we are beautifully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13-14) and that we were created in His image (Genesis 1:26). Stand on those truths even in the midst of weakness. The Lord knows you inside and out (down to the NUMBER of hairs on your head!). He was also keenly aware of your purpose/future before you were born. Therefore, no weakness can stop you from the calling He's placed on your life! He is faithful to work through those weaknesses so that you are always humble and dependent on Him. 

       So Ladies & Gents, lets embrace our weaknesses in this season. I challenge you (and myself) to be transparent! We are accepted by God!!! No man's approval or disapproval can change that fact! Lets show the world that we are broken, and it is only Christ shining through our cracks that they see. Lets take off our masks and be real! With God, with people, and with ourselves. 

[Important note: Please don't take this to mean that you should spill your brokenness to every person you meet. But always keep in mind that your struggles may encourage someone else! Discretion is so important!]

        I love you guys, dearly! I truly hope you are being blessed by the words the Lord is speaking to my heart! Please feel free to comment. I would love to talk to you, and hear your feedback :) <3 


"We always carry the death of Christ in our body, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body" 2 Corinthians 4:10 (HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment